Want to do a doctorate or masters in the exciting area of renewable energy generation and storage? We also have projects on metallurgy for automotive components and the hi tech manufacturing of new iron based alloys.
Fully funded 4 year Engineering Doctorates and 1 year Masters of Research in Materials Science and Engineering at Swansea University – £17,000 tax free bursaries available!
Projects cover steel metallurgy through to functional solar collecting coatings:
Each project is led by the industrial partner and aims to solve a very real and relevant problem. A number of the projects aim to support the SPECIFIC project (www.specific.eu.com) which aims to turn buildings into power stations using functional coatings. Projects will aim to develop coatings that collect solar energy, store energy and release it in a controlled way. This represents a great opportunity for people looking to gain a post graduate qualification, industrial contact and receive a tax free bursary as well as contribution to the aim of reducing CO2 emissions in the UK.
• A good degree in a science or engineering subject
• Must have a passport from a European Union country
• A keen interest in science and engineering
• The Engineering Doctorate comes with an annual, tax free bursary of £17,000. The Masters comes with a tax free bursary of £12,500; both the EngD and the MRes are exempt from fees
• Accredited Masters and Doctorate programme
• Work closely with the SPECIFIC project (£20million project aimed at generating functional coatings for buildings that generate, store and release energy)
• Each project is defined and led by industry – good way of gaining industrial experience while gaining qualifications
• Work with large and small companies
• Projects descriptors available on the website from April 2012 onwards – you can apply specifically for a project that interests you
• Attend UK and overseas conferences
• Excellent job prospects on completion of the scheme
• Projects on metallurgy, mechanical properties, environmental management, coatings and corrosion, renewables and many other areas.
How to apply
There are fully funded Doctorates and Masters Projects available starting in October 2014 with interviews in May and June.
Go to www.strip-project.co.uk for more details.